Years ago, plastic surgery was considered a taboo topic. Celebrities would never admit to having any work done, for fear of being judged by the public. However, times have changed and now it seems that more and more celebrities are coming out and admitting to getting surgery.
That’s why we’re taking a closer look at the truth about celebrity plastic surgery. We’ll explore the rise of plastic surgery, different types of procedures that are popular among celebrities, and why they might feel the need to go under the knife.
The rise of plastic surgery
It’s no secret that plastic surgery is on the rise. In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there was a 2 percent increase in cosmetic procedures in 2018 compared to the year before.
One of the reasons for this uptick could be the fact that plastic surgery is no longer as taboo as it once was. Celebrities are increasingly open about getting work done, which helps to normalize the idea of going under the knife.
Another reason for the rise in plastic surgery could be the improving technology. Procedures are becoming more and more sophisticated, and there are now options to address just about any cosmetic concern.
Because of the rise in plastic surgery, celebrities are under more pressure than ever to maintain their youth and perfection. In the past, stars could get away with using makeup and other tricks to disguise any imperfections. But now, with HDTV and social media, every little detail is on display for the world to see.
This pressure to look perfect can lead celebrities to decide to go under the knife.
Different types of celebrity plastic surgery
So what kind of procedures are celebrities getting? Here are some of the most popular:
- Breast augmentation– This procedure is designed to increase the size and/or shape of the breasts. It’s one of the most popular procedures among celebrities, with stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Simpson, and Scarlett Johansson all reportedly getting breast implants. This surgery can be done for both cosmetic and medical reasons.
- Rhinoplasty– Also known as a “nose job,” this procedure is used to change the shape of the nose. It’s a popular choice for celebrities who want to improve their appearance on camera. Stars like Jennifer Aniston, Halle Berry, and Megan Fox have all reportedly had rhinoplasty.
- Liposuction– This procedure is used to remove excess fat from the body. It’s often done on areas like the stomach, thighs, and arms. Celebrities like Khloe Kardashian, Sofia Vergara, and Heidi Montag have all reportedly had liposuction.
- Botox– This popular injectable is used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines. It’s become increasingly popular in recent years, with celebrities like Kylie Jenner, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Madonna all reportedly getting Botox treatments.
- Facelift– A facelift is a surgical procedure that’s used to tighten and lift the skin on the face. It’s a popular choice for celebrities who want to turn back the clock on their appearance. Celebs like Cher, Madonna, and Meg Ryan have all reportedly had facelifts.
Why do celebrities get plastic surgery?
There are several reasons why celebrities might choose to get plastic surgery. For some, it’s a way to maintain their youth and perfection. With the pressure to look perfect in the public eye, celebrities may feel like they need to resort to surgery to keep up with their appearance.
For others, it could be a way to boost their confidence. Celebrities are often under a lot of pressure, and surgery can be a way to help them feel better about themselves.
And then some simply want to change their appearance. Whether they’re trying to look more like their favorite celebrity or they’re just ready for a new look, plastic surgery can help them achieve their desired appearance.
No matter the reason, it’s clear that plastic surgery is here to stay in the world of celebrities. With new technology and a more accepting attitude, we can only expect the trend to continue. The truth is, for many celebrities, plastic surgery is no longer taboo. It’s just another way to help them look their best.
Do you think plastic surgery is a good or bad thing for celebrities? Let us know in the comments!