If one of your teeth is damaged, involving the pulp, your dentist may recommend restoring it with a dental crown. This is often preceded by root canal therapy to eliminate the infection. Currently, CEREC crowns are increasingly popular since they are fabricated and placed on the same day.
CEREC crowns offered by our holistic dentist in San Juan Capistrano are of premium quality with excellent durability, providing protection to the tooth.
What is a CEREC crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped cap that fits over your tooth snuggly. It can help protect a damaged tooth or hide a discolored tooth or a dental implant. CEREC stands for Chair-side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic. The advanced technology used delivers same-day dental crowns with computer-aided design and manufacturing. CEREC crowns are often made out of a very strong ceramic material.
What are the advantages of CEREC crowns?
Why choose CEREC crowns? Well, consider the following benefits.
- You can walk out with your new crown on the same day
- Saves a lot of waiting time
- Restores the function of your teeth immediately
- Requires less drilling, saving most of your natural tooth structure
- Provide a perfect fit
- It tends to look more natural and more closely resemble the neighboring teeth
- These crowns are sturdy
- Are stain-resistant
- Are abrasion-resistant
- Help you save money by cutting down the dental visits
- Are long-lasting
How is a CEREC crown placed?
Getting a CEREC crown is safe, painless, and involves a single visit. The procedure is as follows:
- Your dentist will first isolate the affected tooth using a rubber dam to prevent excess moisture.
- Several digital images of the tooth that needs a crown will be captured.
- An appropriate model will be created.
- Your dentist will use CAD/CAM technology for those digital images and a model of the tooth.
- The machine takes the model and creates a 3-D tooth out of ceramic. The entire procedure may take around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Your dentist will extract the crown from the machine, polish it, and fit the crown using dental cement.
- Necessary adjustments will be made to ensure a comfortable bite.
CEREC crowns will usually last about 10 to 15 years. You need to care for your new crown as you would any of your natural teeth, with routine brushing, flossing, regular dental exams, and professional cleanings.
CEREC crowns may be a good option for you if you are looking for a durable, natural-looking crown without having to wait too long for them. Same-day CEREC crowns are less complicated and a lot faster.