There are advantages of using uber over a traditional taxi because they are generally cheaper than a taxi. Second, Uber offers a more convenient way to request a ride. You can use the Uber or Lyft app to request a ride and track your driver’s progress. They also have a good reputation for safety.
When someone crashes their vehicle into your uber vehicle and runs away, leaving the scene is termed as a hit-and-run accident case. If someone crashes into your Uber car and runs away, you should report the incident to the police and Uber as soon as possible. After you report your accident to the police, you should contact a Connecticut Uber accident attorney.
How to deal with a uber hit-and-run accident?
If you are the victim of a hit-and-run while using Uber or Lyft, you should take the following steps:
- Call the police and file a report. Be sure to get the police report number.
- Call Uber or Lyft customer service and explain what happened. Be sure to have the police report number handy.
- Take photos of the damage to your vehicle.
- Keep all receipts for any expenses related to the accident, such as repairs, towing, or rental car charges.
- If you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as part of your auto insurance policy, file a claim with your insurer.
- If the driver who hit you is found, you can file a claim with their insurance company. If they are not insured, or their insurance company denies the claim, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver.
Finding the perfect lawyer for your uber hit-and-run accident case
The best lawyer for a hit-and-run case will vary depending on the specific facts and circumstances of the case. However, some tips on finding the right lawyer for a hit-and-run case include:
- Do your research
When looking for a lawyer to handle your hit-and-run case, it is important to research and look for an attorney with experience handling similar cases.
- Get referral
Another great way to find a lawyer to handle your hit-and-run case is to get referrals from friends, family, or other professionals who may have previously dealt with a similar case.
- Meet with several lawyers
Once you have a few potential lawyers in mind, it is essential to meet with each one to get a better idea of their experience and how they would handle your case.
- Ask questions
When meeting with potential lawyers, be sure to ask them questions about their experience with hit-and-run cases and how they would approach your particular case.
- Make a decision
After meeting with several lawyers, take the time to compare their qualifications and experience and make a decision about who you want to hire.